Welcome to Rowallan Park Campsite
Rowallan Park is located 10 minutes north of Mackay and consists of 104 Acres (42 Hectares) of natural bushland. The natural bushland setting of Rowallan Park provides the ideal place for camping and outdoor activities.
Rowallan Park is also currently the home for Mackay and District Mountain Bike Club and Camp Eagle.
The park is also available for use by non-Scouting groups, organisations and schools.
There are grassed camping areas available, with fire places, close to showers and toilets.
For those looking for a little more independance there are bush campsites available.
The following day activities are available:
- Nature walks
- Guided tour and historical sites (by arrangement with the camp warden)
The following facilities are available:
- Dormitory accommodation (bunk type bedding – up to 30 people total)
- 2 separate rooms with disability access (bunk type bedding – up to 4 people per room)
- Toilet and shower with disability access
- Ablution block with female and male showers and toilets
- Kitchen – complete with fridges, freezer, industrial gas stove, urns, cooking utensils and crockery.
- Dining area (seats max 30 people)
- Training room (seats max 20 people)
- Activities Shed (seats 60 and has kitchen facilities)
- Parade ground with flag poles
- Designated campfire area
- Open air chapel with natural log seating (situated in quiet bush setting on the creek bank)
“Try to leave this world a little better than you found it”
Robert Baden Powell
Founder of Scouts