What is Scouting
What is the Purpose of Scouting?
* Must have had their fifth birthday and be eligible to start Year 1 prior to commencing in this Section
- life skills
- the importance of community involvement
- to accept challenges
- environmental issues
- initiative and problem solving
- to achieve badges and awards
- planning and to be prepared
- to keep it fun
- to be risk takers
Scouting is fun!
No matter the age of the participant, Scouts provides fun and exciting programs that promote active learning. Whether the young boys and girls are canoeing, camping, visiting museums or helping their local community, the activity is sure to teach them about themselves and the world around them.